Volunteers receive a reduced price camping pass and one raffle ticket per hour of volunteering. Volunteers may also purchase the Meal Plan at a reduced price. At the end of the event, we will have gift baskets that you can use your raffle tickets for a chance to win. The standard volunteer shift is 4 hours long. Volunteers should wear appropriate costumes. Security volunteers will be issued tabards for their shifts.
Gate – Volunteers will greet guests, take fees, hand out parking passes, sign in guests.
Security – Volunteers ensure that attendees are following site rules and identify safety hazards.
Kitchen Crew – Volunteers help prepare, cook, serve and clean up in the kitchen for the Meal Plan.
Kid’s Carnival – Volunteers help out with carnival games and crafts.
Information Booth – Volunteers will answer questions and give directions to the public.
Clean Up Crew – Volunteers will empty full trash cans, replace trash bags, take full trash bags to the dumpster and pick up litter in the public area during the public hours.
Tavern Help – Volunteers will clean tables and check ID.
Setup/Teardown Crews – Setup volunteers will help with unloading the trucks, marking the parking lot, setting up the vendors area, building the castle, putting up signs and decorations, setting up the kitchen. Teardown crews will take down the castle, remove decorations and signs, pack the kitchen, pick up parking lot markers, and pack the trucks.
Volunteer Bonuses –
- Sign up to volunteer early to receive your reduced price camping pass
2/1/2018 – 3/31/2018 – $10.00
4/1/2018 – 6/15/2018 – $15.00
- Volunteers may purchase the Meal Plan for half price $15.00 (Regular price $30.00)
- Night Shift Security (12:00am – 4:00am) receive 2 bonus raffle tickets per hour (Total of 3 per hour)
- Night Shift Security (4:00am – 8:00am) receive 3 bonus raffle tickets per hour (Total of 4 per hour)
- Clean Up Crew receive 1 bonus raffle ticket per hour (Total of 2 per hour)
- Kitchen Crew receive a free meal during the shift that they work in the kitchen
- Takedown Crew goes out to dinner after we are done
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our Volunteers.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/ZvMAjnZ
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.